Monday, January 02, 2006

The Year That Was - 2005

A part of me was sad saying goodbye to 2005. Sure, it had its moments when I didn't like it but most of the time it was a pretty good year. Like any other year it has its ups and downs but for the most part, it's pretty good.

I made new friends in 2005. Friends I treasure and love spending time with. Friends I would like to keep for sure.

I attended a few weddings in 2005 (more than a few actually it was a total of five weddings). I love weddings and being dolled up. Photos are pleasant to see.

My favourite football team West Coast Eagles made the grand final in 2005. Yes sadly they got defeated by four lousy points yes the opposition was favoured by the officials but what can we do. I am proud of the Eagles for making the grand final. They were truly the best with or without the premiership. I am sure they will go one better this year.

I moved into a new house late 2005. At first it was hard saying goodbye to the old house. Saying goodbye to my purple room. But let me share with you this quote: The only thing that stays the same is change.That is true indeed. I am used to the new place now and in a way I like this house better for one, it is bigger and there's a swimming pool in the backyard.

There's other highlights as well as lowlights in 2005. I won't go into them. But I can assure you that 2005 is one of my favourite years ever. I learnt so much from the good days as well as the bad.

Thank you everyone that's a part of my life. May we continue to have fun together this year and the years to come.

Love,
Xenia

No comments: