Wednesday, October 04, 2006

LOL

How Funny!!!

ON SUNDAY night, it was Adam Hunter's goldfish that fell foul of the quirky celebrations of the youngest West Coast premiership player of 2006. While not quite devoured, Andrew Embley discovered yesterday that he'd been had by Beau Waters, too.

Embley had spent several days worrying that he had lost his Norm Smith Medal, revealing yesterday that he hadn't seen it since Saturday night.

The 25-year-old, who has danced his way through every function and commandeered the microphone at every opportunity, said his celebrations turned to despair on Monday night when he realised the prized possession could have been lost.

"At one stage, I was stressing massively. I was like, 'I've lost my bloody Norm Smith! I don't know where it is!' " Embley said.

Waters finally put an end to the vice-captain's anguish yesterday, revealing that he had the medal in his footy bag at home.

Waters has been at the centre of celebrations since the dramatic one-point win over Sydney. He collapsed in the rooms on Saturday night when a combination of exhaustion, dehydration and beer left him light-headed, but by Sunday, he had recovered sufficiently to snack on Hunter's goldfish.

Yesterday, as the Eagles were feted with a street parade in Perth, Waters reminded him that he had given him the medal for safe keeping during the post-match celebrations. And he warned that Embley might have to dig into his wallet to get it back.

"It's on eBay right now," Waters laughed. "I've got it in my bag. I found it there this morning when I was looking for my toothbrush."

No comments: